Breaking: Rivers PDP loses 3 senate seats as Appeal Court sends Nwogu, Ideozu homeWritten by The Neighbourhood
Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Rivers State has lost the rest 2 remaining seats in the senate as the Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja a few minutes ago sacked the senator representing Rivers South East senatorial district, Mr. Olaka Nwogu. Also sacked is Sen. Osinakachukwu Ideozu, who represented Rivers East senatorial district.
The appellate court upheld the petition of Sen. Magnus Ngei Abe, who had challenged the declaration of Mr. Nwogu winner of the March 28, 2015 National Assembly election.
With Nwogu’s loss, PDP in Rivers State has lost two senatorial seats. The same Court of Appeal had on Thursday nullified the election of George Thompson Sekibo as a senator. In both cases, the Court ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, to conduct fresh election within 90 days.
Latest from The Neighbourhood
- More Rivers PDP NASS members know fate today
- Olashore introduces online podcast for students
- Recall of Rivers overseas students on scholarship: Sign of Wike’s disdain for education - Peterside
- APC’s Black Day Celebration: Display of falsehood, self–adulation - PDP
- Relocation of street traders in Aba to continue - Abia Govt