More Rivers PDP NASS members know fate todayWritten by The Neighbourhood
The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja will today determine whether more National Assembly members elected on the ticket of the Peoples Democratic, PDP, from Rivers State, should continue to sit or return home to face fresh election. The Court had on Thursday sacked one senator and six members of the Federal House of Representatives. Among the casualties is Sen. Thompson Sekibo, who had represented Rivers East senatorial district, until the ruling.
The Court of Appeal is expected to deliver judgment on all petitions relating to National Assembly petitions. By the Electoral Act 2010(as amended), election petitions on NASS shall elapse at the end of today.
Following the gale of losses suffered on Thursday by its members, tension has gripped the PDP in Rivers State. A source in the party who spoke to The Neighbourhood expressed worry the news on Friday might be as bad as that of Thursday.
Aside Sen. Sekibo, others affected are Kingsley Chinda, Obio/Akpor Federal Constituency; Blessing Nsiegbe, Port Harcourt Federal Constituency 2; Boma Goodhead, Asari Toru/Akuku Toru Federal Constituency; Barr B S Emerengwa, Ikwerre/Emohua Federal Constituency; Jerome Eke, Etche/Omuma Federal Constituency and Bright Gogo, Okrika/Ogu-Bolo Federal Constituency.
Latest from The Neighbourhood
- Breaking: Rivers PDP loses 3 senate seats as Appeal Court sends Nwogu, Ideozu home
- Olashore introduces online podcast for students
- Recall of Rivers overseas students on scholarship: Sign of Wike’s disdain for education - Peterside
- APC’s Black Day Celebration: Display of falsehood, self–adulation - PDP
- Relocation of street traders in Aba to continue - Abia Govt